John Sikma Speaks Out

Recently, we told you that John W. Sikma shut down his blog, to much sadness for readers everywhere. We even told you that TDI got an extension of the blog, because we felt it needed to be out there for everyone to read. Since then, the doors have been shut and locked, but John W. Sikma is now speaking out to TDI in an exclusive interview. From why he left blogging to a possible return to the internet, JWS spills all, right now.

TDI: John, thanks for agreeing to this interview.
JWS: Oh, the pleasure is all yours.

TDI: Currently, your blog is behind a security lock. Is this just a gimmick, or is your blog really done?
JWS: Yes, unfortunately my blog is really done. I put the lock up because I couldn't hide the blog through a URL change, and because I wanted to show people it was over, rather than have them visiting the forsaken blog and commenting that I need to update. I, of course, couldn't delete such memories, even if I was done blogging--so password protection was the best way.

TDI: When did you decide you wanted to leave the blogsphere?

JWS: There was a time when the blogsphere was lively, popular, and interesting. I noticed the entire blogsphere was losing its touch. I think the age of blogging is coming to an end, and I just felt like leaving it before it did. Perhaps it was just me though, I may be losing my touch. But there are other reasons. I've been very busy, and I can't find the time to write up posts, and even if I do, they're just not the same, as many of my readers may have noticed. I have something very important I'm working on.

TDI: Where do you go from here?
JWS: I don't know, but whatever it is, it's something I've never felt before.

TDI: Is this really the end for JWS?
JWS: James and I have been thinking about starting an on-line radio show. If we ever do, I may use JWS to upload our shows. As for writing, yes, I'm afraid I'm retiring.

TDI: Is there anything else you'd like to say to your faithful readers who might be reading this right now?
JWS: Well readers, this is the end. Thank you very much for everything. We've had some fun times, I never regretted any moment of blogging.

TDI: John, thanks for the interview. It's been a pleasure.
JWS: Yes, I sensed that. Thank you for the interview.

3 comments:

NPE said...

I want John to come back. I miss him and hate the security thing.

Please come back....why don't you set up a paypal account on your blog and see if it "pays" to blog.


Please....you were my inspiration.

Erika said...

*sobs*

Smart Aleck said...

what is he looking to use for his online radio?