Welcome to the first mailbag, Ask the Director(of the Delta News, Entertainment, and Photography Institute)! The inagural mailbag even has some letters from some well-known celebrities and newsmakers. Without further ado, here it is!


Testing to see how this works…
- Anonymous

Director: Hey, me too! I guess it’s still just text, except that I have to re-type what a bunch of other people wrote, in addition to what I have to say. So it actually is work. Interesting!


You realize that by allowing for an open mailbag, you’re only subjecting yourself to all sorts of random weirdness, don’t you?
- some@body.com

Director: Is your name, Some, pronounced Sow-May, or Som-Ey? I knew a Some once, and she pronounced it Sow-May. And got really ticked off when others said Som-Ey. Then there was the time she was drunk and got angry… I don’t hang around with her anymore. (If this is the same Some, I hope you took some anger management, girl!)


Hey, I know it’s after 12:00 and all but can I still ask a question?
- Anonymous

Director: Nope. I’m all done with questions, for the rest of my life, actually. Pesky people wanting to know the answer to all of life’s answers. I can’t handle the pressure any more!


What is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?
- Anonymous

Director: See what I mean? *sigh* The answer is 42. Don’t make me compute that again!


What’s your opinion of fiat money, anyway? I used to think it was an awful idea, but then I changed my mind. Now I’m not so sure.
- alangreenspan@federalreserve.gov

Director: Funny, I thought the chairman of the Federal Reserve would know how to spell “Flat”.


Drove my Chevy to the Levy’s but the Levy’s were dry. HAR! - Eugene Levy
- elevy@dozensequal.biz

Director: *in sing-song voice* Ha ha, you made a funny! You made a funny!


Would anybody like a peanut? - Fezzik
- fezzik@gentlegiant.com

Director: No thanks, I just ate.


echuckler
I was really hopping u culd putt a leter frum mee in yur malbag to lett pepple now abot my nuw movee I think its caled “war of the world’s” althoe im not sure also lett them now that me and catie holmez r getting mareed also that syentalogy iz real kewl and that they should all join
ok thanks - tom cruise
- tom cruise@aoltimerwarner.com

Deerectah: Gud luk on u mareeg. MayB catie holmez can write leeters fro u, so u don’t have to. Izn’t syentalogy relly kool? it’s like magic. Sprinkle syentalogy dust on me! I be wanted to crazy go 2!



I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?

Comin’ down on a sunny day?
- ccr@classicrock.com

Director: NO! Thank you very much for bringing that up again… Two years of therapy, and it all goes down the drain by an insensitive e-mailer.


But Uncle Owen! I was going to Tosche station to pick up some new power converters!
- LukeSkywalker@tatooine.net

Director: You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done. Now come on, get to it!


eChuckler,
Why all the hate against me? So I hit one or two guys in the past. Doesn’t mean I’m a bad person, it just means that I have a compulsion to beat the living crap out of people every so often. I really don’t think we’re that different, you and I. He both have our compulsions, the only difference is that yours don’t land people in the hospital.
Oh, and if I ever meet you you’d better watch out.
Sincerely, Russell Crowe
- russelcrowe@australia.net

Director: Were you on any kind of medication when you assaulted that poor hotel clerk? ‘Cause scientology says that such meds are bad. Tom Cruise hasn’t taken any in a long time, and look at him now! Perfectly “normal”. Also, not to nit-pick or anything, Russell, but it’s “We both”, not “He both”. Minor details. And if you ever beat me up, I’m sure the money I’ll make from doing a Dateline interview will be more than enough to cover my hospital bills!


Did I have to make any questions up for this mailbag?
- Anonymous

Director: No, thankfully, I did not! I got a fair amount of questions, which was great. Especially considering there hasn’t been a mailbag before!


Well, folks, that’s it for the Ask the Director for this week. If you ever have a question that you want the Director to answer, feel free to send them in! Whether I actually answer, or just give snide, pithy remarks, remains to be seen.

4 comments:

Eva Lemmon..? said...

poor chuckler.
Weirdos weirdos everywhere,
but none stop to think.
Weirdos weirdos everywhere,
I think they took my drink.

Erika said...

MAKE GOOD CHOICES!! don't drink and drive Evie!!

Charles Jurries said...

They took your drink.
Which you needed to deal with them.
Now they will drink the drink.
And more weird they will become.

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Who said it was alcohol?