The Exodus to Sadistville, Part I

The morning began a little after 5 am. It should have been sooner, but thankfully, John agreed to make sure that Janna and I were up at all cost, so it worked out pretty well. (thanks, John!) I ate a waffle, grabbed my stuff, and left. I had a book to read in the car, my wallet, a watch, and my camera, complete with an extra battery and extra memory cards. What was I missing? I'll answer that later on.

Janna, John, and myself walked over to Grandville Baptist, which took "no time" at all. We met with the young people's group that we were going with, and got situated. We had been invited to go with this group by a friend from work, who goes to this church. For blogging purposes, we'll call her "Jenn". Another friend from work, "Kaylene", was also part of this church group.

We split up into two vans, and we left the church at about 5:40 am. We went to a gas station to fill up, and then we were on our way to Detroit! Well, not quite. But we did have to go east for a long time before we started heading down south. A few hours later, and we crossed the Ohio border. I didn't notice any signs, but I suspected we were in the state when I saw a couple fireworks stores. We don't have those in Michigan!

Around 10, we stopped at a Ohio Burger King. The menu, and taste, were oddly similar to the ones back in my home state. If you were wondering, I had a egg/bacon/cheese sandwhich on a biscuit. It was very good. If you weren't wondering, then you've really gained nothing. Sorry.

We drove. And drove. John made a point of looking for any bumps or hills. There weren't any isolated hills! Any hill that was every formed in Ohio was used for a highway, or a store. Apart from that, it was flat farm land. Folks, as long as we have Ohio, we don't have to worry about Michigan's diminishing farm land.

We drove, and around 10:30 am, we could see a roller coaster off in the distance. Were we all just dillusional and sleep-deprived, or were we really seeing an amusement park in the distance? Was it the one we wanted to go to? And what did I forget to pack?

Find out the answers to these questions - and many more - in the next update.

2 comments:

Erika said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHH, i can't HANDLE the suspense!!!

Charles Jurries said...

I can't wait till you see what I forgot to pack. Your eyes will not believe it!